1. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m. and after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 72. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low around 44.
2. Murrieta Lunch with Friends, held every Wednesday at noon, will take place today at Rustico Ristorante & Pizzeria, 29940 Hunter Road. The purpose of Murrieta Lunch with Friends is to expose the group to restaurants in Murrieta, to bring in a good lunch crowd for Murrieta restaurants, and to make some new lunch-time friends. Bring lunch money and a raffe prize to promote your business. For more information, visit this Facebook page.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: bean and cheese burrito. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Get ready for another morning story time at the Murrieta Public Library. Wee Wigglers Story Time, for children ages 3 to 5, begins at 10:10 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. there is Mother Goose and Me, an on-the-lap story time designed for infants to 3-year-olds.
5. It’s new comic book day at Ryan’s Comics, 25021 Madison Ave. Parents can feel nostalgia as they take their kids to get the latest issues of their favorite comics.