1. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m. and after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 72. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low around 47.
2. The Murrieta City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 6 p.m. Agenda includes a review of the Murrieta Police Department's Five-Year Strategic Plan; approval of a $50,000 contract to Escondido-based Visionary Construction & Consulting Inc. for work on the Honor Garden at Town Square Park; and a public hearing to consider the extension of the city's temporary sign ordinance through April 2, 2014. Meetings are held in Council Chambers at City Hall, 24601 Jefferson Ave., and are open to the public. To view the agenda, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: french bread pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. the Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance hosts a Bingo Night that includes a progressive jackpot. Held at Vista Murrieta High School, 28251 Clinton Keith Road, the buy-in is $15. Early bird play begins at 6:15 p.m. and doors open at 4 p.m.
5. Seats are still available for CHP's free teen driver safety class, to be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 21 at its Temecula office. For more information, read Patch's article here.