1. Areas of fog are likely before 11 a.m. and after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, expect mostly sunny skies tody and a high near 74. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies and a low around 48.
2. Elementary and middle school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are on an early release schedule today and high schoolers will have a late start. Parents, check your child's school website, as release times differ. Motorists, beware of students walking and earlier-than-usual traffic near schools.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: taco nada. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Kids ages 6-12 can get messy at the Murrieta Public Library today beginning at 4 p.m. This fun event allows participants to make and play with your own "slime." The event is free and open to the public, however, space is limited to 50 participants. Get there early; tickets will be handed out 30 minutes prior to the event.
5. Head to The Mill Restaurant, where every Monday you can enjoy any large 16-inch pizza, full garlic bread and a salad for $24.99. The deal is for either carry-out or dine-in. For more information, click here.