1. Unseasonably warm weather will continue for the region, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies and a high near 88 in Murrieta. Tonight, expect clear skies and a low around 50.
2. The Murrieta Planning Commission will hold a public hearing regarding a developer's request to subdivide a 23.68-parcel of land between Date Street at Murrieta Hot Springs Road. The proposal would result in realignments of Date Street and Old Date Street. The hearing will be held during the regular meeting, which is set to get underway at 6 p.m. at City Hall, One Town Square. To read the entire request, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Teriyaki chicken bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Boys and girls ages 6 to 12 can discover dances that are fun and easy to do at Murrieta Library’s "Kids Dance!" program at 4 p.m. in the Library's Community Room. The event is free and open to all; however, space is limited so tickets will be available 30 minutes. This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Murrieta Public Library.
5. Make tonight a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is at 41080 California Oaks Road.