1. The first day of March brings warm weather and potentially windy conditions, according to the National Weather Service. A wind advisory for the region remains in effect until 2 p.m. Saturday. Otherwise, expect sunny skies today with a high near 84. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low near 43.
2. From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., families are invited to help Avaxat Elementary celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday with the Read Across America program and National Children’s Dental Health Month. Activities will include music, directed drawing lessons, games, and a scavenger hunts for Seuss characters on the loose. Students will be using Seuss trivia clues to find the characters. Allie will be on hand with her gigantic tooth brush. There will be food, drink, and a photo opportunity to pretend to be a Thing 1 or Thing 2, plus so much more. Door prizes and Seuss books will be given away. Avaxat PTA is partnering with Plaza Dental and Super Target in Murrieta to host this event. The event will be held on campus at 24300 Las Brisas Road in Murrieta.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: French bread pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Local band, Stop The Phoenix invites the general public to their new video release beginning at 6 p.m at Guitar Center, 24370 Village Walk Place, in Murrieta. This event will feature a live deejay, food, new video release and special offers from Guitar Center. Admission is $8.
5. Join Tim Sweeney, Temecula's favorite storyteller, for the newest installment of his wry and witty observations beginning at 7 p.m. tonight at The Merc. Sweeney searches for answers to some of life's most burning questions. Don't miss his humorous take on life's little--and big--quirks. General admission is $20 and include a copy of Sweeney’s book “Getting What You Want Out of Life”.