1. The start of the week will bring more heat, according to the National Weather Service; today is expected to be sunny with a high near 95. Tonight, there is a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms after 11 p.m. with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 62.
REMINDER: Beat the heat by staying indoors and avoiding exercise or outdoor activities in the middle of the day. Wear loose fitting clothing, shield yourself from the sun and wear sunscreen. For those who need to cool down, the at 41717 Juniper St. is a designated cool center for Murrieta.
2. Full freeway closures will continue on Interstate 15 and Clinton Keith Road. The closures are in order to allow installation of falsework at the Clinton Keith overcrossing. Tonight between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. the northbound lanes and the overcrossing will be closed. For a full list of closures, click here.
3. Today join for day camp. This special event is part driving clinic, part personalized instruction and part racing, but it’s all fun. Space is still available for today’s camp—just show up. Open to all 17 and younger, camp admission is $89 per person. For more information, click here.
4. The M, located at 41717 Juniper Street, offers many free services for those 50 and older that you may not know about. For instance, movie night and game time. Plus, every Monday they offer free blood pressure screening. Those 50 and older can closely monitor their blood pressure by getting it checked for free. Blood pressure screenings are also held the first and third Wednesday of each month, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. For more information, .
5. For those with young kids—or who are kids at heart—UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is showing its summer series. On the agenda this week ”Monte Carlo.” Each weekday at 10 a.m. a different movie will play. Admission is $1 per person.