1. It will be another hot one, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 93. Tonight there will be mostly clear skies with a low around 60.
REMINDER: Beat the heat by staying indoors and avoiding exercise or outdoor activities in the middle of the day. Wear loose fitting clothing, shield yourself from the sun and wear sunscreen. For those who need to cool down, the at 41717 Juniper St. is a designated cool center for Murrieta.
2. Every Tuesday at 11 a.m., presents the "Crybaby Matinee." Relax and enjoy a movie without worrying about unexpected tantrums or feedings in the dark; they keep the lights dimmed and the sound volume down. Baby-changing tables and stroller valet are also provided for the convenience of our parents. Showing today: “The Amazing Spider-man” (PG-13).
3. Need something to occupy the kids? Today is offering an unlimited day pass for only $12. This includes unlimited use of Lazer Tag, the rock wall, video arcade and Kiddie Korral. For a $5 upgrade, enjoy unlimited use of the water slides, go-karts, miniature golf and rookie go-karts. Along with the unlimited pass, enjoy a discount on a large pizza. For more information, click here.
4. Time is running out to enter your furry friends in the Animal Friends of the Valleys' 2013 Calendar Contest. Photo entries are being accepted through Tuesday, July 31. Each submission requires a $10 donation, which of course, benefits the homeless animals at AFV.Sponsorships in the form of business card size ads are also available. And each calendar page is looking for a premium placement page sponsor. For more information, click here.
5. Edwards Cinemas in Temecula hosting its Summer Movie Express where select showings of G or PG-rated movies are only $1. Beginning at 10 a.m., every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, choose between two different movies each week. This week decide between "Kung Fu Panda 2" or "Rango."