1. It will be another hot one, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 98. Tonight the skies will be partly cloudy with a low around 64.
2. The annual Summer Reading Program, which began July 21, ends today. Those who participated are urged to bring in their logs in order to earn their prizes. The library is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today. To read the
3. The continues its Summer Concert in the Park series tonight at with . Beginning at 6 p.m., this free event is open to the public. Bring chairs, a blanket and snacks, and enjoy an evening of music under the stars. Food will also be available for purchase.
4. The annual art show is on display now through Aug. 11. Focusing on local artists, the event showcases a wide range of media from oil, pastel and watercolor to bronze and stone sculptures and an assortment of photographs in as many styles and techniques as can be imagined. The art show runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Admission to the exhibit is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
5. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at , kids can create their own Olympic torch. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.