1. It is expected to be the hottest day of the week, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 103. Tonight the skies will be mostly clear with a low around 62.
REMINDER: Beat the heat by staying indoors and avoiding exercise or outdoor activities in the middle of the day. Wear loose fitting clothing, shield yourself from the sun and wear sunscreen. For those who need to cool down, the at 41717 Juniper St. is a designated cool center for Murrieta. For more information on cool centers and how to beat the heat,
2. Position, 41810 McAlby Ct. and LifeStream are teaming up for a blood drive. Between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m, donate blood and donors will receive a coupon to Baskin-Robbins—while supplies last—and a race day coupon to Pole Position. Healthy individuals at least 15 years of age may donate blood. Those 15 and 16 years of age must provide LifeStream with written parental consent. Parent consent forms are available at any donor center, community blood drive or at LStream.org. All prospective donors should be free of infections or illness, weigh at least 110 pounds, and not be at risk for AIDS or hepatitis. Donors receive a free mini-physical as part of the donation process.
3. Every Friday, enjoy the French Valley Market. Between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., stop by this open-air market for fresh produce, food, crafters, vendors, entertainment and more. Held at , 31757 Browning Street, the event is free. Stay for a kid family movie beginning at dusk.
4. , 25021 Madison Ave., is hosting a Magic the Gathering draft between 6:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Admission is $5 per person.
5. Head to , 40440 California Oaks Road, for some bowling fun. Cosmic Bowling takes place from midnight to 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Music, laser lights, black lights and glow-in-the-dark features all make Cosmic Bowling nights out of this world.