1. There is a 40 percent chance of showers, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect mostly cloudy skies with a high around 63. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low of 48.
2. Like to swing dance? Well you’re in luck! The Murrieta Valley Choir Booster Club is hosting “A Night in Coney Island” Swing Dance Affair beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Murrieta Valley High School gymnasium, 42200 Nighthawk Way. The dance ends at 9 p.m. The price of admission is $15 and $10 for students.
3. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lakeshore Learning Center, kids can create a magnetic snowman notepad. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
4. Head over to Old Town Temecula to see "Fiddler on the Roof Jr.," presented by City of Temecula Musical Youth Theater. The show runs through Sunday at the Old Town Temecula Community Theater, 42051 Main St. in Temecula. There are two shows today: 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. The last show is at 1 p.m. on Sunday. General admission is $7; children younger than 2 get in free.
5. Due to the rain, all city of Murrieta sports fields were closed to the public as of Friday and until further notice, according to the city's website. To check the status of field conditions, call the Rain Out Hotline number at 951-461-6101.