1. There is a 40 percent chance of rain today, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, expect mostly cloudy skies with a high around 69. Tonight's forecast calls for continued cloud coverage and a low of 49.
2. A special meeting of the governing board of the Murrieta Valley Unified School District is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. today at the District Support Center, 41870 McAlby Ct. A public hearing will be held before the board votes on ratifying a tentative bargaining agreement with California School Employees Association, Murrieta Chapter 223. The agreement reflects a salary reduction of 1.01 percent for Murrieta CSEA members for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. A 2.16-percent salary reduction occurred during the 2011-2012 fiscal year. The combined salary reduction of 3.17 percent is a result of the passage of Proposition 30, according to a district staff report. The board will also consider five different resolutions related to community facilities districts 2013 refunding revenue bonds and series 2013 special tax refunding bonds. To read the full agenda, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: hamburger. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers a free Story and Music Time at 10:30 a.m. every Thursday morning. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.
5. It's Thursday and that means J. Carter's Tavern Grill is hosting Open Mic Night with Brett Cohen and the Luv Buckit. The event, featuring the local musicians in an open mic environment, runs from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Road.
BONUS TIP: Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm St., Murrieta is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents get in free and children's admission is $7. Children younger than 2 get in free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.