1. It will be another warm one, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect partly sunny skies with a high around 77. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low of 49.
2. Get ready for another morning story time at the Murrieta Public Library. Wee Wigglers Story Time, for children ages 3 to 5, begins at 10:10 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. there is Mother Goose and Me, an on-the-lap story time designed for infants to 3-year-olds.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: bean and cheese burrito. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Tonight's regularly scheduled meeting of the Murrieta Planning Commission has been canceled, according to a noticed dated Jan. 16. The next regular meeting is to be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13 in the City of Murrieta Council Chambers, 1 Town Square.
5. Make tonight a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is at 41080 California Oaks Road.
BONUS TIP: It’s new comic book day at Ryan’s Comics, 25021 Madison Ave. Parents can feel nostalgia as they take their kids to get the latest issues of their favorite comics.