1. It will be another warm one, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies with a high around 79. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 44.
2. Families are invited to the Murrieta Public Library to experience comedy and storytelling with an amazing balloon twist today beginning at 4 p.m. in the Library’s Community Room. Using balloons as theater props and costumes,Annie Banannie will share stories in an interactive story time. . This event, sponsored by the Friends of the Murrieta Library, is free and open to the public. Space is limited; tickets will be available 30 minutes prior to the performance. . While you are there, check out the newly implemented library procedures that begin today.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: French bread pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. the Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance hosts a Bingo Night that includes a progressive jackpot. Held at 28251 Clinton Keith Road, the buy-in is $15. Early bird play begins at 6:15 p.m. and doors open at 4 p.m.
5. Every week at 11 a.m. Reading Cinemas at Cal Oaks presents its "Crybaby Matinee." Relax and enjoy a movie without worrying about unexpected tantrums or feedings in the dark; they keep the lights dimmed and the sound volume down. Baby-changing tables and stroller valet are also provided for the convenience of our parents. Showing today: “Les Miserables” (R).