1. The start to the weekend will be beautiful, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies with a high around 78. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 41.
2. Today is National Day of Service. All over the country there will be Americans reaching out to help others. In the Temecula/Murrieta area, a group of residents is celebrating by holding a food drive from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Albertsons at the corner of Winchester and Murrieta Hot Springs roads. All of the food will be going to the Western Eagle Food Bank in Temecula.
3. A tribute concert featuring the Hollywood Beetles Performing Fantastic Beatles music will be held at Murrieta Mesa High School, 24801 Monroe Ave. The concert will feature Ed Sullivan, and a special performance from Cab Callaway! All proceeds will go to support Murrieta Mesa Music Department. Admission is $15. For more information, click here.
4. Murrieta Valley High School, 42200 Nighthawk Way, will be hosting a community rummage sale from 6 a.m. to noon today. Fetured items include furniture, antiques, household items, sporting goods, books, clothes, shoes, and All proceeds benefit the charity Salvation International which helps children waiting to be adopted and the MVHS Water Polo team trip to Hungary.
5. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lakeshore Learning Center, kids can create a Winter themed thermometer. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
BONUS TIP: Join Temeku Cinemas for a special screening of “Annie Hall” at 7 p.m. tonight. A Woody Allen film, neurotic New York comedian Alvy Singer falls in love with the ditsy Annie Hall. Admission is $5.