1. It will be a bit warmer, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect sunny skies with a high around 75. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 41.
2. The window to apply for intra and interdistrict transfers in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District for the 2013-2014 school began Jan. 14 and ends Feb. 14. The intradistrict transfer form can be downloaded here and submitted to the office of the MVUSD school, other than your neighborhood school, you wish your child to attend. To read more about interdistrict transfers between MVUSD and other districts, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: drumstick and SunChips. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Make it a girls—or guys—night out for karaoke each Friday at Buffalo Wild Wings, 40484 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, next to Sam's Club. Belt out your favorite tunes while you eat out with friends.
5. Head to Brunswick Cal Oaks Bowl, 40440 California Oaks Road, for some bowling fun. Cosmic Bowling takes place on Fridays and Saturdays late night, from midnight to 2 a.m. Enjoy music, laser lights, black lights, and glow-in-the-dark features all make Cosmic Bowling nights out of this world.
BONUS TIP: Temecula Presents' 2012-2013 Dance Series features the Lula Washington Dance Theater at 8 p.m. tonight at the Old Town Temecula Community Theater, 42051 Main St. This group of young, athletic dancers met up in the Los Angeles-based Lula Washington's inner city dance studio. Since then, these talented individuals have seen the world, performing at venues like the John F. Kennedy Center and the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. For tickets and information, click here or call 866-653-8696. The show repeats Saturday night.