1. Rain, wind and cold temperatures are in store for Murrieta today. There is a 90 percent chance of rain, mainly before 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. A high temperature of 51 along with gusty winds were forecast. Tonight, expect the wind to continue, mostly clear skies and a low around 28. Areas of frost after are possible after 4 a.m.
2. The Valley's highest attended business networking event of the year, the Murrieta Chamber of Commerce's MEGA Mixer, takes place from 4 p.m to 7 p.m. today at in the former Dixieline building at Orchard Stone Creek Plaza, 27826 Clinton Keith Road, next to Super Target in Murrieta. Chambers and their members from throughout the Inland region, are participating. The cost to attend is one business card or $1. Don't forget to stop by the Patch table to say hi!
3. Youth in grades six through 12 are invited to learn basic drawing techniques during a workshop from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today in the Murrieta Public Library's Community Room, 8 Town Square. The Pencil Art Workshop will be given by local artist and instructor Jerry Bates. This event is being offered while Murrieta students are on winter break.
4. The Murrieta Valley Unified School District Governing Board will hold a special meeting at 9 a.m. at 41870 McAlby Court. Superintendent Pat Kelley, along with board members, are scheduled to hold a workshop to "revisit and sharpen" the district's Mission, Belief and Focus statements, according to the agenda. The last time these items were revisited was in March 2007.
5. Murrieta National Little League is holding registration for its spring season from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the annex trailer at Hunt Field Community Center Park, 41810 Juniper St. in Murrieta. Late fees will be assessed for registration turned in after today. For more information, such as registration fees and other important dates, visit Mnllbaseball.org/.