1. The rain is expected to stay away, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 53. Tonight, expect patchy frost, partly cloudy skies and a low near 30.
2. Dads, treat the special girl in your life to the Daddy/Daughter Dance, being hosted by the city of Murrieta Community Service Department from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight at the Murrieta Community Center, 41810 Juniper St. The event is open to daughters 2 years or older and their fathers; there is no age limit so older daughters, feel free to bring your dads. The night will be filled with fun games, dancing and a craft. Admission is $20 per "couple" for Murrieta residents and $25 for non-resident couples. There is a $5 charge for each additional daughter. Register online by clicking here. Select programs, then Special Events, then Daddy/Daughter Dance.
3. The Temecula Masons are providing free children's fingerprints beginning at noon today at Target, 41040 California Oaks Road. Parents will receive a printout of the child's photo, fingerprints and a small bag for a DNA sample. There is no charge for this service and children of any age from infants to teens are welcome.
4. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lakeshore Learning Center, kids can create a Chinese New Year dragon. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
5. The Academy of Ballet Arts, 26305 Jefferson Ave., is holding auditions for its 2013 Summer Ballet season that will include a new children's ballet, "Hansel and Gretel," Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" and new classical and contemporary works. Auditions run from 10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. today. For a full list of audition times, click here.