1. The rain is back, according to the National Weather Service. Friday brings a 90 percent chance of rain, along with possible thunderstorms, to Murrieta and a high daytime temperature near 50. Tonight calls for an 80 percent chance of rain and a low of around 31.
2. "Rock the Oaks" is back and bigger than ever beginning at 7 p.m. The event benefiting Murrieta's Oak Grove Center is being held at New Covenant Church, 38801 Calistoga Dr., Murrieta. Three separate live music shows span two days, Feb. 8-9. Tickets for Rock the Oaks are $20 per show—$10 for children under 12, $15 for children 13-18—and are available at the Oak Grove center website at OakGroveCenter.org.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a soft taco. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. It’s the time of year many have been waiting for: Girl Scout cookie season! In celebration, Girl Scout San Gorgonio Council is hosting an open house from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at its Southwest Service Center, 26855 Jefferson Ave., Suite B, Murrieta. There will be a girl scout cookie booth and tastings of the new Mango Crème cookie.
5. Head to Brunswick Cal Oaks Bowl, 40440 California Oaks Road, for some bowling fun. Cosmic Bowling takes place on Fridays and Saturdays late night, from midnight to 2 a.m. Music, laser lights, black lights and glow-in-the-dark features all make Cosmic Bowling nights out of this world.