1. A sunny Thursday will give way to rain clouds this evening, according to the National Weather Service. The daytime high will be around 63. Tonight, an 80 percent chance of rain was forecast for Murrieta, mainly after 10 p.m. The low temperature will be near 36.
2. Get the job you really want! For those job-seekers who want to be truly competitive in the job market, a professional resume is the key to success. A representative from the Southwest Workforce Development Center will present a resume-building workshop for adults on today at 1 p.m. in the Murrieta Public Library’s Community Room. Participants should bring a copy of their current resume if available. Get there early; space is limited and will be handed out 30 minutes prior to the event. This event is free and open to the public.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a corn dog. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Parents are invited to a Family Math Night from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Murrieta Elementary, 24725 Adams Ave. Murrieta Valley Unified's Family Math Nights include eight different math activities for students to do with parents. Games range from place value to multiplication, addition and geometry.
5. For those who enjoy live performances, the Temecula Valley Players present "On Golden Pond" at the Old Town Temecula Community Theater, 42051 Main St. in Temecula, beginning tonight and repeating through Feb. 17. For tickets and more information, click here.