1. The sun will shine anew, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies with a high around 73. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 43.
2. Elementary and middle school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are on an early release schedule today and high schoolers will have a late start. Parents, check your child's school website, as release times differ. Motorists, beware of students walking and earlier-than-usual traffic near schools.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Each year the Murrieta High Schools’ Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to outstanding college-bound Murrieta Valley Unified School District seniors. Scholarships are presented by local merchants, school groups, organizations, and individuals in the amount of $250 or more. Interested students must submit an application by the deadline of 4 p.m. Feb. 12. Click here to learn more.
5. Head to the Mill Restaurant, 24690 Washington Ave., in Historic Downtown Murrieta where every Monday you can enjoy any large 16-inch pizza, full garlic bread and a salad for $24.99. The deal is for either carry-out or dine-in. For more information, click here.