1. It will be warmer, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies and a high near 80. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low near 44.
2. Parents are invited to a Family Math Night from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Buchanan Elementary. Murrieta Valley Unified's Family Math Nights include eight different math activities for students to do with parents. Games range from place value to multiplication, addition and geometry.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a corn dog. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The City of Murrieta invites interested residents 18 years of age or older to apply to serve on the Historic Preservation Ad-Hoc Committee. The deadline for returning applications to the City Clerk is 5:30 p.m. today. Applicants should have training, knowledge and experience in analyzin and interpretin architectural and site planning information, including but not limited to, licensed landscape architects and architects, urban planners, engineers and licensed general contractors. For more information and to download an application, click here.
5. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm St., is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents are free and children are $7. Those under 2 are free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.