1. The start to the weekend will be warm, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect partly sunny skies with a high around 76. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low of 44.
2. Shop til you drop at the Murrieta Community Flea Market between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. There will be new and used items, along with business vendors. The public event is being held at the Murrieta Senior Center parking lot, 5 Town Square.
3. Sonic drive-ins, including the Murrieta location, are celebrating Groundhog Day with half-price, foot-long hot dogs. Between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., the chain also has happy hour featuring 99-cent items.
4. Children with autism and other special needs can take in a private showing of "Wreck it Ralph" (PG) beginning at 10 a.m. at Temeku Cinemas, 26463 Ynez Road in Temecula. To accommodate those with special needs, the sound will be lowered, the lights dimmed and there will be no previews. Those with a special diet will be allowed gluten-free snacks. Admission is $3.50 per person or purchase a $6 ticket that includes a kid's snack combo. Gluten-free or casein-free snacks will be allowed. Doors open at 9:30 a.m.
5. Got a need to speed? Pole Position Raceway hosts go-kart driving clinics at 10 a.m. on the first Saturday of each month. The 30-to 45-minute clinic covers everything from line choice, throttle and brake technique to turn-in points, passing tips and how to look for the fastest way around the track. The clinic usually helps drivers shave about two to three seconds off their lap times and, in racing, every second counts. The event is free for members; $10 for non-members.