1. Washington’s Birthday brings cooler temperatures, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect patchy fog and a chance of drizzle before 10 a.m., followed by gradual clearing and a high near 63. Tonight, there is a 20 percent chance of rain after 10 p.m. and a low near 37.
2. All schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are closed today in observance of Presidents Day. Originally known as Washington's Birthday, the federal holiday falls on the third Monday of February. School resumes Tuesday.
3. Don’t forget that due to the holiday, the Murrieta Public Library and Murrieta City Hall are closed, as are all government offices, post offices and banks. There is no garbage collection or mail service.
4. Dance the night away at the Stampede, 28721 Old Town Front St., in Temecula. Or are you more of a hoofer than a crooner? Free dance lessons are also offered from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Stampede is open to those 18 and older.
5. Did you miss the Star Party put on by Murrieta Community Services Department on Friday? Make plans now to explore the night sky with the Temecula Valley Astronomers Group at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19 in the Murrieta Public Library’s Garden of Verses at 8 Town Square. This event, sponsored by the Friends of the Murrieta Public Library, is free and open to the public. Space is limited to 60 participants; tickets will be available 30 minutes prior to the performance.