1. Areas of frost are possible before 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect sunny skies with a high near 67. Tonight, expect clear skies and a low near 38.
2. Murrieta Lunch with Friends, held every Wednesday at noon, will take place today at Los Cabos, 26770 Jefferson Ave. The charge is $10 per person. The purpose of Murrieta Lunch with Friends is to expose the group to restaurants in Murrieta, to bring in a good lunch crowd for Murrieta restaurants, and to make some new lunch-time friends. For more information, visit this Facebook page.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Teriyaki chicken bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Murrieta Planning Commission will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 6 p.m. at Murrieta City Hall, One Town Square. Agenda includes a public hearing regarding a proposed automated car wash at Murrieta Hot Springs Road and Jackson Avenue; the introduction of the city's draft housing element for the years 2014 through 2021; and a look at the specific plan and draft evironmental report for The Triangle development area.
5. The Murrieta school board will holds its regularly scheduled meeting at 7 p.m. at the District Support Center, 41780 McAlby Court. Agenda includes the district's initial contract proposals to the Murrieta Teachers Association and Classified School Employees Association for the 2013-2014 school year; a look at revising the district's policy regarding non-permissible student fees for school activities; and approval of School Accountability Report Cards for the 2011-2012 school year.