1. Frost is forecast before 10 a.m .and after 10 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect sunny skies with a high near 62. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low near 34.
2. Volunteers are always needed at the Murrieta Public Library, and here's your chance to find out what it takes. From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., the Library is holding a mandatory volunteer orientation for adults and teens 16 years or older. The orientation is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis, with only 20 spots available. Arrive early to obtain a ticket from the Adult Reference Desk.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Parents of eighth through 10th graders who are trying to place their student in a competitive position for college admission and preparation are invited to attend a presentation on the International Baccalaureate Program beginning at 6 p.m. at Murrieta Valley High School. Click here for more information on the IB program.
5. Every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. the Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance hosts a Bingo Night that includes a progressive jackpot. Held at Vista Murrieta High School, 28251 Clinton Keith Road, the buy-in is $15. Early bird play begins at 6:15 p.m. and doors open at 4 p.m.