1. There is a 40 percent chance of rain showers with thunderstorms possible after 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect partly sunny skies with a high around 53. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies, a 20 percent chance of rain and a low of 34.
2. Whether you have family in town to entertain or you don’t feel like cooking, RJ’s Sizzlin' Steer is hosting its Sunday brunch buffet from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet that includes scrambled eggs, French toast, specialty steaks, omelettes and muffins. For $13.99 enjoy the buffet and coffee or tea. For $19.99 make it a champagne brunch or for $21.99, enjoy the buffet with build-your-own Bloody Marys. Children 5 to 10 eat for just $8.99 while those 4 and younger eat for free at 41401 Kalmia St. in Murrieta.
3. Stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables for the week or get your holiday shopping done by stopping at the Murrieta Certified Farmers' Market, located every Sunday at the Village Walk shopping center off of Kalmia Street. Fresh flowers, crafts, specialty food vendors, nuts, fresh breads and bakery are staple items at the market, but there is also something new to check out. Beginning at 9 a.m., the event is open to all until 2 p.m.
4. Treat your younger out-of-town guests to at tour at Maxx Pizza Co., formerly Bob’s Murrieta Pizza Co, 41539 Kalmia St. in Murrieta. Between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. every Sunday, kids can behind the scenes and make their own pizza on this fun and unique adventure.
5. The Holiday Ice Skating Rink Winterfest tradition in Old Town Temecula continues until Jan. 6 at 41000 Main Street. Families and Friends and kids of all ages can enjoy some skating fun. For more information such as admission and hours of operation, click here.