1. There is a 60 percent chance of rain, mainly after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect partly sunny skies with a high near 57. Tonight, expect more rain before 10 p.m. and a low around 38.
2. Murrieta Valley Pony Baseball League is hosting an open house registration event from 10 a.m. to noon at Swing Away Baseball, 25763 Jefferson Ave. To deadline to register for the spring season is Jan. 11. For more information, click here.
3. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. The feature for December: "Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar."
4. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lakeshore Learning Center, kids can create a New Year’s party mask! Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, Murrieta, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
5. The band "Air Supply" will be at Pechanga Resort and Casino, 45000 Pechanga Parkway Temecula, tonight beginning at 8 p.m. Splurge and take that special someone for this one night event. As of this posting, tickets were still available and can be purchased at the venue. For ticket information, click here.