1. The sun will shine anew, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect clear skies with a high around 56. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 34. Areas of frost are possible.
2. Each year the Murrieta High Schools’ Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to outstanding college-bound Murrieta Valley Unified School District seniors. Scholarships are presented by local merchants, school groups, organizations, and individuals in the amount of $250 or more. Interested students must submit an application by the deadline of 4 p.m. Feb. 12, 2013. Click here to learn more.
3. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm St., Murrieta is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents are free and children are $7. Those under 2 are free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.
4. Take the extended-stay family and check out J. Carter’s Tavern Grill, 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, for its open mic night! Beginning at 8 p.m., share your latest poetry, comedy or whatever else you want to express. The event is free and open to all.
5. Space still available to sign up for the Community Flea Market on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013. Booth Spaces are $15 for one spot or $25 for two spots, you must provide your own tables, chairs and canopies. So clean out the house, garage, and closets and come sell your items. Businesses are welcome, however, no vendors are allowed. Bring your application and payment in person to the Murrieta Senior Center, 5 Town Square to reserve your space.