1. It will be a bit warmer, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies with a high around 68. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 29. Due to low overnight temperatures, patchy frost is possible after 10 p.m. and before 10 a.m.
2. Middle and high school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are on an early release schedule today. Parents, check your child's school website, as release times differ. Motorists, beware of students walking and earlier-than-usual traffic near schools.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a corn dog. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers a free Story and Music Time every Thursday morning beginning at 10:30 a.m. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.
5. Families, friends and kids of all ages can enjoy some ice skating fun in Old Town Temecula at 41000 Main St. For more information, click here.