1. The sun will shine anew but it will be one of the coldest and possibly windiest days this week, according to the National Weather Service. Today expect sunny skies with a high around 56, with wind gusts of up to 20 mph. Tonight, expect clear skies, an overnight low of 24, and areas of frost in the Inland Empire.
2. If you are up early, check out the Murrieta Business Roundtable from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in the Murrieta Public Library's Community Room, 8 Town Square. Today's topic is "Using Online Sites to Market Your Business," such as Yelp, Google Places and others. Presented by the city of Murrieta and SCORE, there is no cost to attend.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: orange chicken. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Middle and high school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are on an early release schedule today. Parents, check your child's school website, as release times differ. Motorists, beware of students walking and earlier-than-usual traffic near schools.
5. Make tonight a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is at 41080 California Oaks Road.