Editor's Note: This story was corrected at 10:36 a.m. to reflect an accurate release time Monday for students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District. We apologize for the error.
1. The beginning of the week will bring the sun, according to the National Weather Service. Expect mostly sunny skies with a high around 65. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies and a low nearing 45.
2. Though Mondays are typically an early release day for elementary and middle school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District, today is a normal schedule. However, there will be differing schedules Wednesday through Friday for middle and high school students. And on Friday, all students at all campuses have mininum days. Parents, check the district website or your child's school website, as release times differ.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Habitat for Humanity Inland Valley's Christmas Tree Lane is being held at The Promenade in Temecula. Like last year, the Christmas trees will be raffled off to the public through an opportunity drawing scheduled for 7 tonight. You do not have to be present to win but stop by and sign up before the deadline!
5. The city of Murrieta’s Annual Toy and Food Drive is in full swing. Drop off non-perishable food and new, unwrapped toys and gift cards to assist local families in need this holiday season. Bring donations to any of the following locations between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. through Saturday, Dec. 22.
—Murrieta Community Center: 41810 Juniper Street
—Murrieta Senior Center: 5 Town Square
—Any of the five Murrieta fire stations
—Murrieta Police Department: 2 Town Square
—Murrieta City Hall (closed Friday-Sunday): 1 Town Square