1. Rain was not forecast until this evening but the chill in the air will remain, according to the National Weather Service. Expect partly sunny skies with a high around 57. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies, a 60 percent chance of rain and a low nearing 44.
2. Come out to hear holiday favorites performed by Murrieta Mesa High School's Instumental Music program at 7 p.m. in the Gershwin Performing Arts Center, 24801 Monroe Ave. The concert will feature jazz band, percussion, concert band and full orchestra. Admission is $5 for children and students, and $7 for adults.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: mac and cheese. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Nutcracker Ballet opens tonight and runs through Dec. 23 at Old Town Temecula Community Theater, 42051 Main St. in Temecula. The holiday favorite is presented by The Ballet Studio in association with Fine Arts Network Theatre Company. For more information such as admission prices and show times, click here.
5. The Holiday Ice Skating Rink Winterfest tradition in Old Town Temecula begins at 10 a.m. at 41000 Main St. Families, friends and kids of all ages can enjoy some skating fun. The rink will remain open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily until Jan. 6. For more information such as admission prices, click here.