1. It will be a wintry day, according to the National Weather Service. Showers and a possible thunderstorm are likely, with an 80 percent chance of rain forecast before 4 p.m. Otherwise, expect a high around 55. Tonight, expect a 30 percent chance of showers, mostly cloudy skies and a low nearing 39.
2. The Murrieta Chamber of Commerce is hosting its monthly networking breakfast at 7:30 a.m. at RJ's Sizzlin' Steer, 41401 Kalmia St. in Murrieta. Network with 70-85 local businesses while enjoying a great buffet breakfast. The cost is $20-$25 and includes breakfast.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: hamburger. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Murrieta Valley Unified School District will hold its regularly scheduled board meeting at 7 p.m. at 41870 McAlby Court. Agenda items include the swearing-in of newly-elected board member Barbara Muir. The board will also select a new president. To read the full agenda, click here.
5. REMINDER: Parents, your child can receive a letter from Santa Claus himself. With the help of the city of Murrieta, complete the form or call the Santa Line at 951-461-6086. Watch your child's face light up when they receive their letter! Santa's elves will mail letters from now through Dec. 20.