1. There is an 80 percent chance of rain after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, expect patchy fog before 10 a.m., increasing clouds and a high around 63. Tonight, expect a 100 percent chance of rain, gusts of wind up to 20 mph and a low around 51.
2. Murrieta Lunch with Friends, held every Wednesday at noon, will take place today at Aces Comedy Club, 39745 Avenida Acacias. Lunch will be a pizza and salad buffet catered by Bella's Pizza Villa. The charge is for $10 per person. The purpose of Murrieta Lunch with Friends is to expose the group to restaurants in Murrieta, to bring in a good lunch crowd for Murrieta restaurants, and to make some new lunch-time friends. For more information, visit this Facebook page.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: bean and cheese burrito. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Tonight's regularly scheduled Murrieta Planning Commission meeting has been canceled. The Dec. 26 meeting has also been canceled, according to a notice dated Dec. 5. The Planning Commission is scheduled to hold its next regular meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan 9, 2013 in the city of Murrieta Council Chambers, 1 Town Square.
5. Bingo lovers young and old can take in a weekly bingo game, hosted by Congregation B'nai Chaim, 29500 Via Princesa. Early bird games start at 6 p.m. each Wednesday, followed by regular games at 7 p.m. All members of the community are invited to take part. Bingo is one of the main (and most popular) fundraisers for this local synagogue. Call 951-677-7350 for pricing or further information.