1. The sun will shine in Murrieta, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to sunny with a high near 74. Tonight, expect drizzle after 4 a.m., mostly clear skies and a low around 44.
2. There is another way the community can help the Murrieta Police Officers Association raise money for an educational trust fund set up to benefit the 3-year-old son of Shanae Wesley, who was killed Oct. 31 in Murrieta. Jersey Mike's Subs, 25359 Madison Ave., Suite 109 in Murrieta, has teamed up with MPOA to offer one free regular sandwich for a minimum $3 donation. In order to participate, customers must redeem a fund-raiser card. The cards are valid through Saturday, Dec. 15 and can be picked up from the front counter of the Murrieta Police Department at 2 Town Square.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: French bread pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Oversight Board of the Successor Agency to the Murrieta Redevelopment Agency is scheduled to meet at 4 p.m. at Murrieta City Hall, 1 Town Sqare. In 2011, the state Legislature passed Assembly Bill X1 26, dissolving Redevelopment Agencies within the state. Through this legislation, redevelopment agency activities were suspended and successor agencies and oversight boards were established to wind down the business of the dissolved redevelopment agencies. Public comments are welcome during the meeting. To view the agenda and past actions of the board, click here.
5. Every week at 11 a.m. Reading Cinemas presents the "Crybaby Matinee." Relax and enjoy a movie without worrying about unexpected tantrums or feedings in the dark; they keep the lights dimmed and the sound volume down. Baby-changing tables and stroller valet are also provided for the convenience of our parents. Showing today: “Red Dawn” (R). In this film, a group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.