1. The last day of the week will be warm, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 94. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low around 67. There were no special weather statements in place.
2. Looking for something to do on a Friday night? Come beat the heat and have a “sesh” at the tonight. Held on the last Friday of each month, the park is lit up and open to skate until 10 p.m. Pre-packaged candy and drinks will be available for purchase. Door prizes are given away and mini competitions happen throughout the night. Admission for members is $3; non-members are $5. For more information such as skate park rules, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a drumstick. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Tonight is Lock-In Night at from 8 p.m. to midnight. For $20 admission, those between 11 to 16 years old can use the Video Arcade (excluding redemption games), Mini Golf, Rock Wall, Tea Cups, Go-Karts and Lazer Tag. Pre-sale tickets are available at Mulligan Family Fun Center or can be purchased online. For more information and tickets, click here.
5. Tonight is the last night for Old Town Temecula’s “Hot Summer Nights." There are bands playing on patios, in parking lots and special stages throughout Old Town Temecula. In addition, the area's favorite balloon artist, Dynamite Dave, will be clowing around with guests. This is a free event for the entire family. Safety Orange will perform at Town Square Park, Bayou Brother’s at Rosa’s Cantina, Open Road at Baily’s and Dynamite Dave at Front Street and Main.