1. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 90 and variable south winds between 10 and 15 mph in the afternoon, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Tonight, expect patchy fog after 11 p.m. with a low around 62.
2. It's story time at the . Wee Wigglers Storytime is an independent group activity designed to introduce preschool-aged children to storytelling. Children 3 to 5 years old get exposure to the art of listening and being a member of a group, and the chance to build a foundation for reading readiness. Wee Wigglers starts at 10:10 a.m. Today is also the library's weekly, on-the-lap storytime designed to introduce small children and their parents to stories, rhymes and activities that stimulate developing vocabulary. Mothergoose Storytime is for infants from birth to 3 years old, with an adult and begins at 10:15 a.m. Don’t forget to ask about their In-N-Out Reading Program.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a grilled cheese sandwich. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. supporters can enjoy a "fun"draiser night at Mulligan Family Fun Center between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. For $10 admission, the entire center is free and unlimited (video games set to free play and water slides will be running), along with pizza and drinks. For more information, click here.
5. The Governing Board of the Murrieta Valley Unified School District is holding a special meeting at 5 p.m. at 41870 McAlby Court. District staff will present information discussing the ongoing state budget crisis, and both the historical and future impact the crisis has placed on the district. Members of the public may address the board during a portion of the meeting.