1. There is an Excessive Heat Warning in effect, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 97. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies with a low around 66.
REMINDER: Beat the heat by staying indoors and avoiding exercise or outdoor activities in the middle of the day. Wear loose fitting clothing, shield yourself from the sun and wear sunscreen. For those who need to cool down, the at 41717 Juniper St. is a designated cool center for Murrieta.
2. Come one come all, the lifeguards are in need of rescue from some local superheroes! Get dressed up in your superhero outfit and be a part of the city of Murrieta's end-of-summer pool party beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Pool party admission includes all games and food as well as quality swimming time. Party fees are as follows: Resident fee: $5 per person or $15 for a family of four. Non-resident fee: $7 per person or $21 for a family of four.
3. , 39530 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, is hosting a back-to-school fundraiser to benefit Woman Against Child Trafficking. The event will be held today and tomorrow between 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. For more information, click here.
4. Tonight join for their health care appreciation and family night. Between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m., all employees in the healthcare field, along with their family and friends, can get a special discounted price of $10.99 per person for a night of fun. Enjoy unlimited use of go karts, Lazer tag, mini golf, rookie track, rock wall, Kiddie Korral. Add a super slice of pizza and a soda for an additional $3. Those who plan on attending must bring proof of their employment (like a work badge) or print out this flier in order to receive the special price. This event repeats tomorrow.
5. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm Street, is hosting special playtime sessions. "Pop in" between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to jump around and slide down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents are free and children are $7. Those under 2 are free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.