1. There is an Excessive Heat Watch and Flood Advisory still in effect, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 102. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low around 67.
REMINDER: Beat the heat by staying indoors and avoiding exercise or outdoor activities in the middle of the day. Wear loose fitting clothing, shield yourself from the sun and wear sunscreen. For those who need to cool down, the at 41717 Juniper Street is a designated cool center for Murrieta.
2. Join for its “Family Fun Night” between 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. On tonight’s agenda: decorate a cookie from Jodee’s Bakery. Each child gets to make and decorate their own. Materials are provided. Located at 24794 Madison Ave., the event is free.
3. Need something to occupy the kids? Today is offering an unlimited day pass for only $12. This includes unlimited use of Lazer Tag, the rock wall, video arcade and Kiddie Korral. For a $5 upgrade, enjoy unlimited use of the water slides, go-karts, miniature golf and rookie go-karts. Along with the unlimited pass, enjoy a discount on a large pizza. For more information, click here.
4. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm Street, is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents are free and children are $7. Those under 2 are free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.
5. Edwards Cinemas in Temecula hosting its Summer Movie Express where select showings of G or PG-rated movies are only $1. Beginning at 10 a.m., every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, choose between two different movies each week. This week decide between "Arthur Christmas" or "Smurfs.”