1. It will be chilly today, according to the National Weather Service. Today begins with patchy fog and clouds before 11 a.m. followed by gradual clearing and a high near 57. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low near 43. Note: winds were forecast to increase this afternoon, with gusts as high as 25 mph possible.
2. Elementary and middle school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are on an early release schedule today and high schoolers will have a late start. Parents, check your child's school website, as release times differ. Motorists, beware of students walking and earlier-than-usual traffic near schools.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Seniors: Learn how to play the game of pool when lessons are offered each Monday morning at 8 a.m. at the Murrieta Senior Center. Services at the center are offered to residents of Murrieta and surrounding communities who are 50 years and older.
5. Head to The Mill where every Monday you can enjoy any large 16” pizza, full garlic bread and a salad for $24.99. The deal is for either carry-out or dine-in. For more information, click here.