1. There is a 20 percent chance of rain before noon, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be cloudy through midmorning, with a gradual clearing and a high near 71. Tonight, patchy fog is forecast after midnight. Overnight, expect partly cloudy skies and a low around 48.
2. A public hearing will be held at 4 p.m. at Murrieta City Hall, One Town Square concerning a 4,500-square-foot display BMW of Murrieta is proposing to create within an existing paved area at 26900 Jefferson Avenue. BMW of Murrieta is seeking a conditional use permit to reduce the height of an existing wall, remove a chain link fence along Auto Mall Parkway and replace it with steel bollards while adding a decorative fence along the rear of the display area.
3. A special school board meeting with be held at 5 p.m. at the Murrieta Valley Unified School District offices, 41870 McAlby Court. Board members are scheduled to vote on a resolution recognizing May 8 as Day of the Teacher; hold a workshop regarding student code of conduct; and in closed session, discuss the performance of the district superintendent.
4. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: crispitos. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
5. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm St., Murrieta is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents get in free and children's admission is $7. Children younger than 2 get in free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.