1. It will be warmer, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 71. Tonight, expect clear skies and a low around 38.
2. Donate blood today to the American Red Cross between noon and 6 p.m. Sponsored by and held at the Rancho Springs Medical Center, 25500 Medical Center Dr., all participants will receive a thank you gift. For more information, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a chicken burger. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Murrieta Mesa High School PTSA will be hosting a college planning workshop beginning at 6 p.m. at the Gershwin Performing Arts Center, 24801 Monroe Ave . The PTSA encourages parents of all middlechoolers to attend also. The event is free.
5. The Every 15 Minutes Program begins at 11 a.m. today at Murrieta Valley High School. The program offers real-life experience without the real-life risks. This emotionally charged program, is designed to dramatically instill teenagers with the potentially dangerous consequences of drinking alcohol and texting while driving. This powerful program will challenge students to think about drinking, texting while driving, personal safety, and the responsibility of making mature decisions when lives are involved. Due to the event there may be extra traffic and emergency responders near the school.