1. There is a 30 percent of rain showers, mainly before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be cloudy through midmorning with a gradual clearing and a high near 58. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 39.
2. The Murrieta City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 6 p.m. at 1 Town Square, 24601 Jefferson Ave. Prior to the start of the public portion at 6 p.m., Council is expected to meet in closed session to discuss ongoing lawsuits regarding Murrieta's red-light cameras. During its regular session, Council will vote on agenda items including the Police Department's participation in Riverside County Central Post-Release Accountability and Compliance Team (Central-PACT) Task Force, to be comprised of law enforcement personnel from Beaumont PD, Hemet PD, the Riverside County Probation Department, the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office and Murrieta PD in an effort to combat the effects of inmates and probationers being released under Assembly Bill 109. To view the full agenda, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a drumstick and wheat roll. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Mill Restaurant is holding a fundraiser between 11 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. with the proceeds benifitting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest County. 20 percent of your purchase will be donated and for donating$50 the Mill will give you a free gift card worth.
5. Every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. the Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance hosts a Bingo Night that includes a progressive jackpot. Held at 28251 Clinton Keith Rd., the buy-in is $15. Early bird play begins at 6:15 p.m. and doors open at 4 p.m.