1. There is a 20 percent chance of showers before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be cloudy, then gradually become sunny with a high near 68. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low near 47.
2. Looking for a healthy discussion and good food? The Southwest Democratic Club meets tonight at Casa Jimenez Restaurant at 40535 California Oaks Road in Murrieta. One can eat dinner with fellow Democrats at 6 p.m. (if desired) then attend the meeting at 7 p.m. in the conference room with Miranda Ko, an experienced environmental activist who has studied with climate change champion and former Vice President Al Gore. For more information, click here.
3. Spring break continues this week, and so does the Murrieta Public Library's Cover-to-Cover Reading Program. Children ages 4 through 12 who visit the Murrieta Library may register at the Youth Services Desk to receive a reading log bookmark and earn an “Achievement Award,” which is good for a free cheeseburger or hamburger at any In-N-Out Burger. The program runs through April 13. For more information, click here.
4. Take your 3- to 5-year-old to storytime from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Friends of the Murrieta Library Corner Bookstore, 39445 Los Alamos Road.
5. Head to the Mill where every Monday you can enjoy any large 16-inch pizza, full garlic bread and a salad for $24.99. The deal is for either carry-out or dine-in. For more information, click here.