1. The start to the work week will be hot, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 99. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low around 64.
2. The City of Murrieta is holding a Community Flea Market on Saturday, Oct. 6 and today is the first day applications are being accepted. The cost is $15 per space or two spaces for $25. Only two spaces per person are allowed. Additionally, only one application per person will be accepted; applications cannot be turned in for others. For more information, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: bean and cheese burrito. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Family Storytime, an interactive half-hour program of books, songs and activities, returns to the Murrieta Public Library beginning today. Kids and parents can wear their pajamas to the new series of evening storytimes offered on the first Tuesday night of every month at 7 p.m. in the Murrieta Library’s Community Room. Family Storytime is free and open to the public.
5. Or join for its “Family Fun Night” between 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. tonight. On tonight’s agenda: fun with birds and animals hosted bu Birds-N-Paradise. Each child will get to make and decorate their own card. Materials will be provided. Located at 24794 Madison Ave., the event is free.