1. There is a 40 percent chance of showers before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be cloudy through midmorning, then a gradual clearing with a high near 61. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low of 41.
2. The is holding its monthly meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. The mission of the committee is to honor and pay tribute to the courage, commitment, and heroism of the men and women who have served in all branches of the Armed Forces of the United States. The meetings take place on the fourth Monday at Murrieta's located at One Town Square, 24601 Jefferson Ave. They are conducted in an open-forum format and the public is welcome to attend. For more information, please contact Lea Kolek at 951-461-6116.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Crispito and a chocolate chip cookie. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. is having a maternity tour tonight. Beginning at 6:30 p.m., as of this posting, space was still available for this week’s tour. If you can’t make it thistime, it is a weekly event. For more information or to reserve your place call 1-855-909-BABY.
5. Kid’s eat free today at. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., enjoy one free meal off the children’s menu for every adult entrée purchased. The children’s menu includes cheeseburger slammers, corn dogs, wings, chicken tenders and mac’ and cheese.