1. Today will be another bright day, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 82. Tonight expect patchy fog after 11 p.m., mostly clear skies with a low nearing 54.
2. A community shred day takes place beginning at 9 a.m. at, 24410 Village Place. The Shredders will be onsite to collect confidential documents and other papers.
3. Beginning today, the community is invited to read while earning prizes and participating in fun programs at the . The Library's annual Summer Reading Program runs until July 21 and offers three separate themes that have been developed for the different age groups. The "Dream Big – READ!" theme focuses on reading and program activities for children, while the "Own the Night" is intended for teens and young adults. "Between the Covers" is for adult audiences. The Summer Reading Program is sponsored by the . To read the
4. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at , kids can create a flip-flop notepad. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
5. It's a Chili Cook-off! Join Valley-wide Recreation for its first good ol’ fashion showdown amongst the community’s best chili recipes. The contest starts at 10 a.m. at Wheatfield Park, 30627 Menifee Road in Menifee. Cost is $2 per taste.