1. There is a hazardous weather outlook forewarning of gusty winds until tomorrow afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise,today will be sunny with a high near 71. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low near 41.
2. February is “Love your Library Month” at the . The Library invites the community to celebrate this occasion by bringing canned food to the Library during the whole month of February in exchange for fines. For each canned good brought in, $1 of fines will be waived up to a maximum of $10 waived. Love your Library Month is celebrated during the month in public, school and private libraries nationwide. This is a great time for citizens to recognize the important role libraries play in the cultural and economic success of local communities and the nation as a whole, said Principal Librarian Elise Malkowski.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: hamburger and SunChips. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. is hosting a blood drive today from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Located at 42200 Nighthawk Way, the drive is being held in conjunction with the San Diego Blood Bank. For more information, click here.
5. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers a Free Story and Music Time every Thursday morning beginning at 10:30 a.m. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.