5 Things To Know In Murrieta Nov. 6

A field of 2,011 American flags will be on display beginning today through Veterans Day at Town Square Park in Historic Downtown Murrieta.

1. High winds and cold weather is on the weather agenda today, according to the National Weather Service. It will be mostly cloudy with a 70 percent chance of rain after 11 a.m. The high will be near 59. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies with a low around 36 and a 30 percent chance of showers before 11 p.m. Winds could gust up to 25 mph; be careful if driving at high speeds or participating in any outdoor activities.

2. A field of 2,011 American flags will be on display beginning today through Veterans Day at in Historic Downtown Murrieta following a 1 p.m. Opening Ceremony to honor first responders. Valley Winds Community Band will give a concert for the event. During the week the third annual "Field of Honor" is flying, there will be several special events including the City's Veterans Day Parade and Korean Wall unveiling on Nov. 11. The event is a partnership between the and the . Net proceeds from the Field of Honor will benefit the "Murrieta Through Time" history walk project and City's Veterans Memorial, both at Town Square Park.

3. The Branding Hive, 26413 Jefferson Ave., presents its end of year branding workshops. The workshops are for businesses seeking to build or rethink their branding objectives for the New Year. They offer a business Branding Workshop and a Business Brand Alliances Workshop both of which are one hour and can be scheduled any time. All workshops are conducted in small groups of five and refreshments are served. The cost is $10. To reserve your spot contact the Branding Hive at 1-800-341-3811 or by clicking here.

4. is hosting its Sunday brunch buffet starting at 9:30 a.m. Enjoy an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet that includes scrambled eggs, French toast, specialty steaks, omelettes and muffins. For $12.99 enjoy the buffet and coffee or tea. For $16.99 make it a champagne brunch or for $18.99, enjoy the buffet with build-your-own bloody Marys. Children 5 to 10 eat for just $8.99 while those 4 and younger eat for free.

5.  is holding a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated family entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m. at 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. Today’s movie is “Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels." For more information, click here.

Renee Simpson Holden November 06, 2011 at 08:33 PM
Thanks to your Murrieta news I was able to take my son to see "Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels" today. He loved it!!!
Typhanie Sharfner November 07, 2011 at 05:59 AM
Renee, I am so glad you guys got to do something fun! Keep in mind they have this event every week. Thanks for posting. I love hearing that the news we provide is helpful to our readers. THanks again.
Renee Simpson Holden November 07, 2011 at 05:19 PM
That is so great, I will be sure to check out all the movies for my son. It was the perfect thing to do over the weekend, and super cheep. Thanks again, Renee


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »