1. There is a 30 percent chance of showers today, according to the National Weather Service. Patchy fog is expected before 10 a.m. Otherwise, today will be mostly cloudy with a high near 62. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies with a low around 45.
2. invite the community to help them "Fill the Boot" today for families of local children struggling with a neuromuscular disease. Between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., the Murrieta Fire Department will be holding fire boots along California Oaks Road in front of the California Oaks Plaza (Target Center). They hope to fill the boots with donations that will then be given to the Muscular Dystrophy Association. For more information, contact Capt. Rich Martinez at 951-304-3473.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. There is still time to sign up for the Holiday Magic Push Cart Parade which will take place on Dec. 3. Entries can not be motorized, and must be pushed or pulled. If building a float isn’t an option for you, the city also accepts marching musical units, specialty groups, equestrian/animal units, bicyclists/skateboarders, wagons and strollers. Sign-ups will be taken until Nov. 25. Click here for more information or contact Laura Frasso, city of Murrieta special event coordinator at 951-461-6110 or email@example.com.
5. Head to for some good food and some good music. Acoustic dynamos Sister Speak perform their mix of original songs and live covers tonight beginning at 8:30 p.m. The event is free and open to all.
TRAFFIC ADVISORIES: For tonight, closures are as follows:
INTERSTATE 215: Lane closures are scheduled for Interstate 215 between Clinton Keith and Scott roads. The northbound and southbound number one lanes will experience intermittent closures between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. due to AC paving.